Things to Do in Western Washington
Our Seattle airport hotel's convenient location is ideally located between the many outdoor or recreational activities on Vashon Island and the sightseeing or historical attractions of Tacoma. See a show, event, or exhibition at the Tacoma Dome or spend the day wandering through the Mount Rainier National Park. There's plenty to do in Western Washington and we're minutes from it all.
- America's Car Museum
- Lavender Hill Farm
- Mt. Rainier
- Mt. Rainier National Park
- Museum of Glass
- Point Robinson Park
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Tacoma Dome
- The Hardware Store Restaurant
- White River Amphitheatre
- Woodinville Wine Tasting
How To Get Here
- Point Robinson Park- Take a 15-minute ferry from West Seattle and escape to Point Robinson Park on charming Vashon Island. Climb to the lighthouse and take a look at the beautiful view of Mt. Rainier in the background.
- Lavender Hill Farm - Learn how to pick your own flowers at this quaint farm. Take in a view the rose bushes and lavender fields with the marina in the background and enjoy a sweet daycation from the hustle of the city.
- The Hardware Store Restaurant - Visit the oldest commercial building and enjoy the best meal on the island - great American fare in a rich, historic building featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Museum of Glass- Visit Tacoma’s museum of glass, with permanent exhibitions featuring 20th and 21st century examples of blown glass, as well as changing exhibition projects. Watch live glass blowing in the Hot Shop and see how it’s done from the professionals.
- America’s Car Museum - If you’re an automobile enthusiast, this location is a must. The museum has automotive artifacts and 250 automobiles spanning more than 100 years of history in the industry.
- Tacoma Dome - Take a look at who’s playing at the Tacoma Dome, one of the largest wood domed structures in the world and home to multiple professional soccer, hockey, and football teams. The structural wonder has also featured events like the South Sound Craft Beer Festival, Motley Crue, and The Color Run.
- Mount Rainier National Park - This national park is home to subalpine wildflower meadows, ice-ringed volcanoes, and wildlife all part of a breathtaking Northwestern landscape. Ideal for an outdoor day of hiking, camping or just natural sightseeing.
Other Popular Western Washington Attractions:
- Mt. Rainier
- WhiteRiver Amphitheater
- Woodinville wine tasting
- Downtown Tacoma
- Point Defiance Park
- Union Passenger Station
- Bridge of Glass
- Fort Nisqually
- Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center
- Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum
- Downtown Vashon
- KVI Beach
- Palouse Winery
- Sea Breeze Farm/La Boucherie